1. YOU’LL HAVE MORE TIME FOR YOURSELF: Don’t think of your partner’s travels as time away from each other. Think of it as an opportunity to do things that you wouldn’t normally do with your partner. Rather than spend one day a week watching a game with your friends, you can now watch Sunday night football and Monday night football. You can do a weekend spa treatment and still go to the club with the girls. It all depends on how you play your cards, while your partner’s away. Just make sure that you’re not doing anything wrong and stupid.
2. NEW EXPERIENCES: Your partner’s trips are a chance for both of you to experience new things. Even if you’re not together, you can grow from your separate experiences and teach each other new things along the way.
3. AWESOME STORIES: You can get all the information and entertainment you want from the TV and the internet, but nothing beats a good conversation with your partner about the adventures they experienced. Even if it’s just a mundane trip, you still get a chance to talk to your partner, because they’re itching to tell you everything about their trip and how much they missed you.
4. PLENTY SOUVENIRS: This is just a concession for all the hardships that you will need to endure, but it doesn’t hurt to have a keychain of a national animal or at least a bag from a different country. You have to appreciate the little things that your situation has to offer, in order for you to learn to love the best parts of your relationship as well.
5. YOU’LL GET TO MISS THEM: When your partner always travels, you start to appreciate the moments that you have together. It helps you build a stronger foundation for your relationship and it keeps you on your toes. Every homecoming will seem like the best day of your life, and every second you spend together will be more special than the last.
6. FREE TOUR GUIDE: Don’t be jealous of your partner, just because they’re always traveling. Think of it as a reconnaissance mission for your next romantic trip together. The best part is that your partner has done the necessary research and already knows how things work over there.